What’s the Difference Between a General Contractor and Construction Manager?
General Contractor or Construction Manager
These terms are interchangeable but they’re actually two different things. Construction managers are typically involved from the start of a project. They help the client with initial planning. They also help with the selection of an architect and general contractor. General contractors, on the other hand, are not involved. They wait until the planning and designing process is complete.
M-3 Enterprises’ construction management services include conducting routine face-to-face meetings as well as using a cloud-based software. This software allows everyone from the owner to the subcontractor to have access. Updates are provided to everyone on the project so no problems arise from the building and construction process.
- Project management planning. This initial stage involves laying out a plan for the entire project. This includes various jobs and materials required and a timeline.
- Cost management. Construction managers must constantly keep tabs on costs, making sure there are not substantial expensive. If unexpected issues or complications arise, they must deal with them as well.
- Quality management. Projects often involve numerous contractors and subcontractors. Construction managers must be vigilant.
- Contract administration. It’s the construction manager’s job to ensure all of the contract provisions are being met. All parties, as well as work, requires satisfaction.
- Safety management. Construction sites are filled with potential safety hazards. Construction managers must be aware and implement safety guidelines.
Above all, construction managers have to keep everyone in the loop during the entire project, from clients and architects to contractors and subcontractors, and quickly attend to any problems that arise.
Looking for Construction Management Companies in Elgin?
M-3 Enterprises is a construction management company in Elgin as well as pre-construction consultation, design-build, general contracting, and sustainability company. We are a construction management company that serves Crystal Lake, McHenry County and Lake County in Illinois. Take a look at our gallery to see the work we’ve done including PEMBs, setting up concrete foundations and aircraft hangars.